I've decided im going to go back to trying to learn how to develop and make games, i have already gotten back to making an old project by the name of "Heartbeat"
Any way i stopped and became less passionate about it after getting some rather.... dickish criticisms. Basically people saying things like
- You're wasting your time, survival horror is done to death
- You learning as you go? It's not going to be great
- Leave game development to people who KNOW what they are doing
- Even if you do come through with this, you expect people are going to play it?
I was discouraged but then i came to a conclusion
Why the fuck should these assholes get to dictate and tell me what i should and shouldn't be passionate about?
I've been a gamer my entire life, video games make me happy, they provide me with joy and entertainment, some games have gotten me through some rough times. I don't need the shitty "can't do" attitudes of pessimistic "realists"
If I want to do this, i fucking will.
I want to make games that provide
- A great user/player experience
- Contribute to entertainment
- Boost the Indie Game Market
- Make people want to play it over and over again
- Make some say they had a good time with the game
- Impress people
I think i have the right to pursue a passion if its something i enjoy doing.